Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Part 2

So, on to Saturday night. Mike worked on Saturday, so Noah and I plotted all day as to what we should carve for our jack-o-latern. If you've seen previous posts, you know how creative Mike can be. Noah ended up deciding he wanted a Captain America pumpkin. So on Saturday afternoon he and I looked up some pictures on the computer for inspiration. When Mike got home, we started the process. Sam was a somewhat active participant (basically forced to sit there and watch for parts).
Noah was responsible for keeping track of the pictures that were the inspiration. He was patient for awhile...
But of course he had to get involved. So he got to "clean" the pumpkin for daddy.
Then he supervised as I de-gutted the thing (he wasn't too keen on digging out the ooey gooey stuff). And he sat on the floor and watched as Mike started carving.
Mike painstakingly carved and peeled for over an hour while Sam napped, Noah played, and I gave Ellie a bath. Finally it was finished. Why both boys made snarly faces at me, I don't know...
Here is the final product. I was more than impressed. Noah's response after daddy toiled over this thing just for him? "I want spiderman." Typical 2 year old changing his mind after the fact. Oh well!

No comments: