Saturday, September 17, 2011

Brag Alert...!

Oftentimes, I know I blog about "challenges" we face (meaning, my 3 year old's tantrums and my 1 year old's refusals to move around independently). I put challenges in quotes because I do truly realize how amazing my kids are and how wonderfully normal they are and how blessed we are to have happy, healthy kids. So today is a brag post about just how dang cute, smart, talented my two boys are. Sam has really started communicating more lately. See here how he mugs for the camera....He is crawling around like a fiend, cruising on furniture with just fingertip support, and just starting to be more independent. He has signs for more and up, uses "da" and "ma" verbally and is starting to say "dog" and "go" and "good" as well as a few more. It's a really fun time as he's starting to be more interactive. He's also being MUCH more naughty, much to everyone elses' delight. Sam and Noah were excited about the cooler weather and being able to wear their footie pajamas. This is what 6:30am looks like in our house.
And my preschooler has become quite the artist. Noah must be getting his skills from Daddy, because I have absolutely NO artistic ability. His teacher at school has noticed and he seems to really be getting some nice skills lately. So of course I took pictures because that's what bragging moms do. Here is one of his new favorites Ben 10. I was impressed with how he remembered that Ben had brown hair and green eyes. He's getting more observant of color differences lately (yesterday he asked me "what color skin does God have?").
This one is a color wonder page. I was pretty impressed by the rainbow colors he used for the arrow on top.
As you can image we've been going through coloring pages like kleenex around here. So Mike and I started copying pages on our printer/copier. And we've been encouraging him to color every inch of the paper. So he started doing the backgrounds on his pictures.
So here's to our little Picasso. Maybe this skill will lead to college scholarships and wealth and fame! But regardless, it's nice to have an activity for him to sit and do independently at 7:00am on a Saturday morning!

No comments: