Sunday, December 8, 2013

A much needed weekend break

My parents (aka the BEST grandparents EVER) took the older two for the weekend so that I could get a much needed break/start on holiday shopping/wrapping/deep cleaning my house.  I'm exhausted, having spent every second occupied with one task or another.  But my house is cleaned, my shopping and wrapping are about 80% done and I feel like it was a very productive weekend.  You see here our home is starting to look festive, with my 3 gingerbread men.  Yep, another Bamma masterpiece!
 Noah has a lot of lovies (stuffed animals).  I'm not exaggerating when I say that he sleeps with 20-30.  I should know since I had to climb up to his top bunk to clear them all out when I was madly cleaning their room.  Noah goes from one favorite to another, never really attached to any single lovie for an extended period.  For Sam, there is only Black Puppy.  He sleeps with at least 10 others, but in the middle of the night when he cries out, we know it's because Black Puppy has gone M.I.A.  I wanted to make sure to have a picture of him with this special friend to remember his close bond with him.
 So, I enjoyed the freedom of just one kiddo this weekend.  5 short years ago, I would have NEVER considered going into Target with an 8 month old on a Saturday in December over lunch; but now it's child's play to me.  He enjoyed his first cart ride not in a carrier.
 The big guys had a great weekend up at the lakehouse with Bamma and Bampa.  They went to Lunker's for dinner.  If you don't know Lunkers, it's an outdoor hunting/fishing/camping store with fish tanks.  And there's a restaurant.  Fun times!

 They even got to see a 600 lb alligator!  It was stuffed, but still impressive!
So, we're all home together now, having survived the weekend apart.  It was a nice break, Mike and I enjoyed the quite and noticing all the little things that Isaac does.  He enjoyed the freedom of crawling everywhere with no fear.  And the big guys enjoyed a fun special weekend with the grandparents.  Win for everyone!  Well, maybe my parents are a bit tired...

No comments: