Friday, June 29, 2018

From glam to glob!

So, back in May, my mom and my bestie, Philie, conspired and got tickets to see the brand new Cher broadway show (in Chicago before it goes to Broadway).  This weekend was the big day!  We did a nice brunch nearby.
 Kelly and Ginger joined us.  I'm not sure that anyone enjoyed the show nearly as much as I did, but I thought it was fantastic and it was great to share it with these wonderful people!
 We snuck in a zoo trip this week with the Worsts before the heat moved in.
 Monkeys in the monkey house!
 Highlight of my day, spotting a docent working the used a communication device similar to what my students use at school.  It was great to chat with her about the new baby gorilla on exhibit!
 We went to visit Mike at work this week and headed to Mod pizza for lunch.  The have a pizza named the "Isaac!"
 Today was the stuff of legends, our 6th annual Mud day (if my math is correct!).  We started out with white tank tops and quickly messied them up!
Silly string was up first!

 We quickly moved on to globbies, which are these small paint balls designed to be thrown.




 Get her!

 Everyone had their turn to cry, such is life when you whip paint balls around.  Sam definitely got the most colorful!

 We moved on to water balloons!
 And the grand finale, MUD!
 Day conquered, messes made!
Mom drinks: essential!
 Uncle Josh showed up to drive Noah over to Bamma's for a sleepover.  He had to challenge Mr. Muscles, Isaac!  It was a great day!

No comments: