Thursday, April 17, 2008

The stroller incident...


Yesterday, Noah got a visit with one of the Florida Aunts, Kathleen. Since it was such a lovely day here in the Chicago area, we decided to go out for a walk with Noah and Ellie. I had not taken the stroller out yet, and had to consult the directions to make sure I had everything where it was supposed to be. Kathleen grabbed Ellie's leash, I put Noah in (much to his protest) and we headed out. Just before leaving I said to Kathleen "do you think I should strap him in all the way?" We concurred it would probably be best and we made our way out of the apartment. Well, two educated women (with graduate degrees) nearly dumped Noah out several times as we jostled the stroller down the apartment stairs. Thank goodness he was secured in there! First of several parenting mistakes I'm sure. But the walk and the visit with Kathleen was lovely!

2 comments:

Stan and Jess said...

A tip... carry the car seat and the folded stroller down separately - it works a little better! How fun for you and Kathleen - sorry we could come play as well! Missing you!

Anonymous said...

Where are you storing that huge stroller in your apartment? Ours is kept in the back of my Jeep at all times. I always wonder, could they make these things any bigger and more awkward??