Monday, July 5, 2010

Lake Week



Noah and I had a lovely week up at Diamond Lake. We spent Tues/Wed/Thurs enjoying the company of my high school friend, Erin. We went to a lawn concert at Notre Dame (don't worry, Erin and I refused to stand for the ND fight song), which Noah highly enjoyed and got to see Emmett conduct and Kathleen perform. He got lots of time with Bamma (my mom) and swam like a maniac in the lake. The weekend was spent with lots of family enjoying the 4th festivities. We didn't make it to the island for the annual parade on Saturday due to nap time. But that night before the fireworks, Pops took all the kids for another ride on the elephant float they had made. The parade was apparently a circus theme this year. Noah made it to the fireworks (9:30pm, not too shabby!) hence the pjs in the last 2 pics. He seemed to enjoy the fireworks although he was somewhat loopy by that time. I have some video posts to do at some point, but overall it was a lovely weekend. Oh, and I suppose I should note we had another cooking competition. It was salads (won by Aunt Jo, I did not have an entry) and desserts. I did enter desserts, with a deep fried mini Snickers bar. They turned out nicely, but I was crushed by Brad and his delicious bananas foster. Oh well, better luck next time. Now we're suburban-bound till Baby-Time!

No comments: