Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pet Parade

So yesterday the boys and I (mike had to work) headed to the 65th annual Pet Parade in LaGrange. For those of you who did not grow up attending this event, it is HUGE. There are lots and lots of bands including LTHS and Park Junior High, my alma maters. There are people with their pets, obviously, this year there was a Harry Potter themed group that had chickens in cages as owls with letters plastered to the cage, so funny! Johnny Knox from the Bears was even there as well as mascots from the Bulls, Blackhawks, and Wolves. This was the first time I've been able to take my boys, so I was pretty excited. It was me solo with the two tykes, as my folks were out of town. So we lathered up with sunscreen and got ready to go...
Not sure if you can read his shirt, but it says "where's my parade?"
The highlight for Noah was the copious amounts of candy flung his way! He lasted about 45 minutes of the 2-3 hour event and then declared he wanted to go home. So not wanting to push my luck, we headed home. Despite it being a short trip, it was lots of fun.
We arrived back at my parents' house in the bike trailer (which I pushed there, I'm not riding a bike in front of THAT many people). Sammy was passed out and sweating like a fiend under that hat. Noah was just chomping at the bit to get his lollipops. Fun, sweaty, fun!

1 comment:

KEO said...

Awesome! So fun that you and the boys went. I love it!!