Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween goes on, and on, and on...

I'm all for holidays and all the excitement they bring for big and small alike. But I have to be honest, with Halloween falling on a Monday this year, we have had a LOT of pre-Halloween action. By the time we go trick-0r-treating on Monday night I will officially be DONE for the year on costumes, pumpkins, and the like. But it has been a lot of fun. We had Noah's preschool party on Thursday. He is the black spiderman this year. He asked for it, I found it for 3 bucks at the Cossitt clothing sale, no fuss no muss. The parents were invited in for the last 10 minutes to see the kids sing songs.Noah did great with the actions and faces, not so much with the singing. I played the part of the overbearing parent ever so well, whispering "sing, Noah, sing" through clenched teeth while videotaping. Awesome.
It was fun to see him part of a group. You can see there were 2 other spidermen there, but he was thrilled to be the only black spiderman.
Wrangling 17 preschoolers for a photo op is pretty much impossible.
On Friday we had a mini-costume party with the boys, Evie, and Ayla and Kyndal via skype. Sam was NOT a fan of the dragon costume for this portion.
Not sure if you can tell, but Noah is basically forcing the babies in for a photo. Sam is losing his mind while Evie is trying to escape. Classic.
Then Noah goes into Spiderman posing mode and the shoot is over.
It was really fun to see the girls in Iowa all decked out too. God bless technology!
Then today (Saturday) we headed to Palatine for some trick-or-treating at the farmer's market with Fred and Calvin and then to the park district party where Evie and Bob joined the crew. Sam handled the dragon much better today.
Competing delivery men. How cute are they?
Best buds, cheesy smiles, still cute at 3!
"What can brown do for you?"
The only girl we have... we have to borrow, but we'll take her!
Noah tries his luck at some toss games and manages to still look the part with leg kick and all...
We had a lot of fun in the gym with all the games and spooky cat archway.
While Noah hit the crafts with Aunt Philie, Sam went nuts in the little people gym. He got a little spider that he played with for a long time.
Check out my loot! I'm enjoying receiving better than delivering!
Whew, so maybe we'll take a break from costumes tomorrow so that we're ready again come Monday. Hope everyone else enjoys the fun!

2 comments:

KEO said...

These photos are so fun to see, Abby! Thank you for posting; I just love it. You guys all look great and so cute!!!

Stan and Jess said...

I'm with you sister - I said to Stan this afternoon - I wish I could clean up the Halloween decor outside since it's so nice out. He looked at me like I'd been abducted by body snatchers. I love Halloween but I'm having costume fatigue with the fellas. I love the pic of just Noah under the cat archway - it cracks me up!