Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 2012 = crazy time

How's your May going?  Ours is, in a word, INSANE!  Lots of fun things going on, but I can barely keep up with everything.  Noah started soccer with the park district on Friday afternoons.  He loves it and actually seems to do pretty well following directions, dribbling the ball, and running up and down the field.  They don't actually "play" so-to-speak, it's mostly just kicking a ball and running, but it wears them out, so I call that a success!


Cal and I are "birthday buddies" since he celebrates on May 4th and I'm May 7th.  We had a little party at our house with the boys and Evie.  It was the usual chaotic fun!


Then, we had Evan and Faith's bachelor and bachelorette parties last weekend.  For obvious reasons I won't post a majority of the pictures, but you can get a pretty good idea of how the night when (at least for the girls).  We had spa time in the morning, then headed out for dinner in style!

We crowned the guest of honor at Cafe Iberico downtown...

And then we were off to LaSalle Power Company where the dueling pianists played George Michael's "Gotta have Faith" and had her dance on top of the piano!

 The night ended with a ride back to Kim's house.  My parents had the boys for the weekend, so they had a blast as well.  We took a couple days to recover from that.

The highlight of my birthday was getting $$$ to buy the SLR camera I've been hoping for.  I ended up getting a Nikon d3100 and I am super happy about it.  I still need to take some time getting to know it, but you can't deny the results are impressive as evidenced by the following...




Noah is wrapping up his year in preschool school this coming week.  Last week he had a mother's day presentation where the kids sang and Ms. Diane read a list of cute quotes from the kids.

Then the boys were great troopers as I dragged them around town trying to get together some things for upcoming events.  We discovered that Meijer offers free pony rides, score!

 Then last night was my mom's big night.  After over 30 years of teaching, she is retiring this spring.  Mary Tavegia, principal and dear family friend, is also retiring.  They were honored by the Cossitt staff last night at the LaGrange Country Club.  It was an amazing night filled with wonderful memories and heartfelt words of thanks.  And she deserved every last bit of it!

 Both my uncles came as well, wouldn't Ione be proud!

We clean up purdy good, eh?

 The honorees, in their tiaras.  They are two very wonderful, important, compassionate teachers and women.  I am so proud to know both of them!

So that wraps up the last few weeks, what's up next?  Well, Faith and Evan's wedding, of course!  That's next weekend and I'm excited about seing Noah in a tux and Sam in a suit.  It's going to be a wonderful weekend, so you know there will be pics to follow!

No comments: