Friday, April 5, 2013

Survival with 3 boys

Well, I'm alive, I think.  We've managed bringing home a newborn, a 5th birthday, the flu, return to school (for Noah) and work for Mike, my parents moving, Easter, anything else?  Whew....  Noah celebrated his "actual" birthday with a ginormous balloon from my mom and a cool Ninjago shirt from his buddy Fred.

We had some cousins stop by to visit.  Addie and Ella are prime babysitter candidates and did well holding Ike as well as playing with the other two.

Isaac amazes us with how much he changes each day.  His eyes look dark grey, but blue sometimes.  He's certainly filling out quickly too!
 We dyed Easter eggs as a family

 And the weather finally cooperated enough so that we could test out the new bike.  
Sam took a turn trying out the "bigger bikes" as he's graduated from his purple one...
Tee-ball has also become a favorite in the front yard lately.
I'm enjoying my break.  I always seem to have at least one boy (or sometimes all 3) on my person.  It can be a little intense at times, but mostly I just love it!
We celebrated Easter at my parents new place in Burr Ridge and the older two got to try out an Easter Egg Hunt in the basement.




 Ike chose to opt out of the hunt and sleep through pretty much the entire affair.
 We've been trying to make sure to get in that tummy time each day.  It's a little easier when Daddy gets down there with you!
 Yep, he's a cutie!
 Of course the gals that work at Palmer Place in LaGrange had to throw a mini-party for Noah the other day.  They came armed with spiderman cupcakes and gifts for the eldest two kiddos.

 We're working to convert the basement into a big boy play area.  The Xbox is now hooked up down there so we can do Fruit Ninja!
 Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not much of a maven for fashion.  It appears this skill or lack thereof has rubbed off on my kids.  Behold: Noah and his Ironman look (shorts over pants)...
 ...Sam and his helmet and sunglasses for basketball apparel...
 ...and lastly, Ike and his too tiny sleeper.  Yep, he's already outgrown some of his clothes.
Hope everyone has a great start to spring!!!

No comments: