Sunday, May 19, 2013

Great Gifts!

I love May!  For many reasons; the weather is getting better, the school year is ending, my birthday happens (which as I get older may not be nearly as exciting), and there's Mother's Day!  So usually May is a month of great gifts!  One highlight of the birthday (aside from magical fantastic cupcakes Mike brought home that were so good) was this Keurig drawer from my brother.  I had given myself the one-cup Keurig as my "push" present to myself when Ike was born.  Now instead of random cups strewn all over, I have a nice drawer that holds 36 cups!  That should be enough to get me through, what, 4 days or so?
The big boys have really been good to each other lately.  Noah is a GREAT big brother and always willing to help.  Sam is working hard on decreasing the whining and learning to share space with his brother.  What better gift could a mom ask for?
Yep, mommy was drinking the Pinterest koolaid again.  This time it was cloud dough.  It's 8 parts flour to 1 part baby oil.  My kids love sensory experiences that involving digging around, etc, so it was a big hit.  And it gives mommy the gift of time to get things done and peace..
...well, sort of peace!  After one time in the kitchen I quickly learned that this is a more appropriate activity for the deck.
One great gift we have had this school year is Bamma!  Boy, are we lucky that she's retired!  Our Mother's Day gift to her was a card that involved butt prints.  No, I'm not posting pictures of painted butts even if they are pretty hilarious and cute!
 These three guys are the greatest gift any mom or grandma could EVER have!  The tattoo on Noah's head?  Let's just say that's a bit of payback from Josh for a certain dragon tattoo that my cousins and I convinced him he needed on his forehead way back when.
This guy turned 2 months old!  He's given me the gift of sleep, sometimes making it from 10pm-3am.  Not too shabby, since I went back to work this week.  I need all the sleep I can get!
After a busy first week back at work, we finally had the gift of a day at home with very little planned.  The boys love their doggie!  And she tolerates, um loves, them too!
Sam has been working on his independence with getting dressed.  When you tell him he needs "nice" clothes for church, this is what you get!
 The gift of Daddy snuggle time, priceless!
 Noah's class got to sing at a "Family Live" church service this week.  He only has a few short days of preschool left and then it's summer!  
 We are so thankful for all our gifts, but the greatest of all is a happy healthy family!

No comments: