Sunday, June 8, 2014

Firsts and Lasts...

We had a week of firsts and lasts for the Rodriguez kids.  Noah had his last week of Kindergarten at Waterbury Elementary.  My mom came on Wednesday to stay with the little 2 so that I could go to his end of the year picnic.  It had to be indoors, due to the weather, but it was still fun!
 Noah was pretty sad to end his year with Mrs. Stephan.  She has been a fantastic teacher for him.  She has encouraged him and challenged him to become more independent.  I hope he continues to experience great teachers, but I am so thankful his start was so wonderful!
 This picture is just perfect.  It shows Noah's major frustration with hula hoop (oh the DRAMA of hula hoop) and his teacher encouraging him on.
 The day ended with some limbo and some great dance moves!
 Thursday was his official last day, I had to work but one of the other mom's got this picture of him with his buddies Nico and Kosta.  It seems like yesterday when I was looking at pictures of him lining up on his first day.  What a great year!
 Yoga baby perfects his push to stand.  His first this week, WALKING!  After months of cruising around like a maniac, he's taking his first real steps!
 We took our first trip of the summer to Brookfield Zoo.  We were on hiatus last year as Isaac was too young to enjoy it, and I was too tired to wrangle the other two.  We're back in action this year and happy to see the giraffes and giant turtle hanging out together.
 It was Isaac's first trip!
 Some self done face paint, looking good!
 And our first mom/kid selfie of the summer!  I do still have Monday/Tuesday of work this week, but they are institute days.  My major work has wrapped up and I am so excited to have 2 months of 3 boys!
 We tried out our first spray on tattoos!  Sam really wanted the spider web on his arm, but we didn't have enough room to work with (bitty boy!)  So we did the upper leg.
 Noah has been digging snakes lately, so he went for a cobra!
 Perfect day at the zoo concluded!
 Noah had his last soccer game of the season.  HE SCORED!  WOOHOO, his first official goal!  He was nonplussed despite our excitement.  The strikers had ups and downs this season, but it was a lot of fun!
 Team photo with trophies!
 Thanks to Coaches Sam and Matt!
 Mrs. Stephan sent home Noah's journal from the year.  It was fun to flip through and see his writing improve over the course of the school year.  I cannot pass up this gem.  Mike and I were in stitches when we read this one.  I swear this is legit, I did not alter it in any way.  "I do not like to eat peanuts."  What did you think it said....???
 And, of course, our first splinter of the season.  Major drama!  But he handled it and let daddy and me tag team until it was out.  Hope we move forward to more positive firsts for everyone!

No comments: