Monday, June 23, 2014

The return of Mud Day!

Another week into summer and another week of awesome fun!  We hit the zoo with the Worsts.  It was super fun until we got drenched, but I think all the kids enjoyed the soaking rain nonetheless!
 My parents returned from a road trip to Hershey, Pennsylvania with some goodies in tow.
 I got to see this little ballerina strut her stuff.  I was so proud of Evie, she did all the moves with her class to "The Lion Sleeps Tonite."  It was adorable!
 And, we had the return of MUD DAY!  I think it was even better this year, the kids got right into it and the moms were less stressed about planning anything structured.  It was just good old fashioned dirty fun!  The kids watched a quick show while we got prepped.




 My mom stopped by to see the madness and to hose down the grandkids young...
 and old!
 I'm pretty sure Calvin wins Mud Day 2014 MVP, he was IN THERE!
 Mud slide anyone?
 We knew the Worst kids always have had an "earthy" diet, right?
 Mud really brings out the facial hair look, no?
 Little man even got into it!
 I mean, really into it!
 It was a great day, the skies were clear for us all morning!
We also celebrated Leo's 2nd birthday with mud pudding!  Happy Birthday, big man!
 We headed across the street on Sunday for some water balloon fun with the Townsends, the kids had a great time pummeling each other and the adults until we were all pretty soaked.
 We hit the backyard for some food and drink.  Isaac tried desperately hard to convince dad that 1 is the legal drinking age.  Sorry bud, you can mouth the bottle but that's it!
 My favorite thing lately is to listen to Noah read to his brother.  I'm so proud of Noah's reading skills and Sam LOVES to listen to his brother read him any story.  While I'm bragging, Sam has an uncanny ability to remember any story read to him (even if it's only read once).  So after Noah reads the story, Sam then takes the book and retells it on his own.  It's so darn cute!
So this week it's on to swim lessons and more excitement!

No comments: