Monday, December 22, 2014

Building the excitement!

Whoa buddy are we close (but not close enough) to Christmas!!!  We've had a great couple weeks prepping for the big holiday!  Isaac's been dabbling more in the dress up...
I took the big two with my parents and Josh and Kjersten to the Christkindlmarket at Oakbrook.  It was packed, but we had fun and had a giant dessert at Houlihan's!
"Mom let me have markers, so I went for the eyebrow enhancement."
 After our initial "free" period of karate, the boys decided they liked it and wanted to continue.  So this spring we'll be at the dojo rather than on the field!

 Noah had his school holiday party!
 We began a new tradition of watching the Star Wars movies in order, one each day during the holiday break.  So Friday night we started with Episode 1!
 Mike and I had a date night and used a Groupon to try out something new, the gun range!  Mike had only fired a gun once, I hadn't done it ever.  So we had a safety lesson and then went on the range with an instructor. 
 Mike and I both agreed, guns still make us feel uneasy/nervous.  It was fun to try, but it will not be a regular hobby for us.  We both were pretty decent shots after some instruction!
 So now we enjoy some lazy couch days and family time as we get ready for the holiday!

No comments: