Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014!

Wishing you and yours the best of the holiday season!

Annual Quote list from the Rodriguez Brothers 2013/2014:

We spent our final Christmas at my parents lake house last year, so we had a couple quotable moments while there in December 2013 that didn't make into last years edition but are quite memorable -

Noah asked CJ how old Pops (their grandpa/Great Uncle) is.  CJ responded, "Well I know he's older than 11..."

I asked CJ how it was sleeping in the same room as Noah and Sam, he said "when Sam says 'one more thing' he never says just one more thing.  He just keeps talking!"

When Noah stepped out to check the weather, he told everyone "It's a little luke out here" (as in luke warm).

January - I overheard a deep conversation between Noah and Sam during a car ride that went something like this... Noah: "You know Sam, only God can turn off the sun."  Sam: "Yeah, and moms."  I like that my status rivals that of the Almighty!

March - Sam's infatuation with Josh's girlfriend, Kjersten, is less than subtle.  When asking him to pick someone to read him a story, he attempted to make it look random by saying, "Eeny meeny miney, Kjersten."

March - After a particularly rough Tuesday watching the boys, my mom informs me that Sam declared "Isaac is trying to push me out of the family!"

March - After his birthday, Noah is playing with new toys and sharing with Sam nicely.  Sam says, "I love you Noah."  Noah's response?  "I love my new toys."

April - We decide to get one of our favorite take out foods, chicken wings.  Noah asks "Did we get any bonus wings?"  Took a minute to figure out he thought boneless wings were free, or "bonus" wings.

April - In talking about his cousin (Kate) and our family friend (Mary Kate) Sam refers to his cousin as "regular Kate, not Mary Kate."

May - Sam reveals "When I grow up, I wanna be a farmer who kills pigs for bacon."  Um, ok?

May - I explained the double meaning of the word "saucer" to Noah.  Later I hear him explaining to Kjersten, "it's what aliens keep their coffee cups on."

May - While playing castle in a fort, we decide that Noah is the knight, Sam is the Prince of Roselle, and Isaac is the Duke of Roselle.  Sam asks, in a sweet voice, "how's our little Jerk of Roselle?"  

May - Noah's comment on dinner, "Hashtag, gross!"

July - Sam, "I wish I could whistle with my butt!"

July - After a nightly wrestling session with Daddy, Noah asks Mike, "Before you did the science thing, were you a wrestler?"

August - Noah comes out one morning and tells me he's a "wrestler sleeper" as he moves around a lot during the night.

August - I host our mom/book group one night and explain to the boys as they go to bed that they might hear Ellie barking or people talking.  Noah says he won't be worried if he hears loud reading (as it is our book club and all).

November - Mike and I are playing a new video game with a villain named "Shatterjack."  Sam's attempts at saying his name are...unpublishable.

December - After a day spent apart shopping for gifts, Noah tells me although Sam can drive him nuts, he did really miss Sam while we were out.  Noah follows with, "He really brings the sparkle to our family."


May you enjoy your families during this time and enjoy a happy and healthy new year!

1 comment:

KEO said...

Oh my gosh--there is too much cuteness in this one post for me to handle! Thank you for making me laugh out loud!