Thursday, December 9, 2010

2 year olds can shovel, right?

This past weekend the Chicago area received its first measurable snowfall of the season. Mike and I were griping about living here while Noah was practically bouncing off the walls. I have to admit, his shoveling skills have improved since last year. He can actually scoop snow, he just happens to dump it right back on the driveway...
I ventured out with both boys for a short time on Saturday while Mike was at work. It was a little challenging and I will admit that for a time Noah was shoveling in the street as I was trying to deal with getting Sam in the stroller and untangling our dumb dog from her tie out. But we all survived.
On Sunday, Mike was home so it was game on out there. He and Noah had a snowball fight. It was pretty one sided...
And Sam just tolerates it for about 20 minutes before he begins to howl.

My boys. Dear Lord, what have I signed up for here?

And how better to end a romp outside than with hot chocolate and marshmallows. Good day had by all!

No comments: