Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays!



Well here we are at Christmas Eve! Obviously I won't be getting a Christmas Card out this year. So let this serve as our digital Christmas Card. It has been a wonderful year, the highlights have included our trip to Denver with the Desai-Gruenhagen family for Britt & Quint's Wedding, the addition of Sammy to our family, many great trips to the lakehouse, visits with Andrea, Nic, and their girls, Tuesdays and Thursdays with Evie, awesome playdates with Fred and Calvin, Taco Bell trips (for me, since Mike poo-poos it) with Ryane, exciting times with Nick and Francesca, and pancake mornings (like today) with Daddy. We've also had some hard times this year, but it's been great to have the support of all you family and friends. We are very blessed! If you care to, please read on some of the funnier stories of 2010. You've probably all read/seen most of these but I couldn't help myself.... Love you all!
(10/2/10): while looking at our wedding picture – Noah: “mommy you a princess!” Me: “Yes I look like a princess in that wedding dress, huh?” Noah: “but now you just a mommy, you not a princess anymore!” So true, so true!
(10/15/10): Noah – “where’s Sam?” Mike – “I gave him away!” Noah – “OH NO, that’s ridiculous!” Mike – “I can’t give him away?” Noah – “NO!” Mike – “Why?” Noah – “Because he’s tooty!”
(10/22/10): As Mike was leaving for work, I said, “Be Safe.” And Noah added “so you don’t stink!” and then turns to me and with a serious look on his face says, “because that’s important!”
(11/10/10): I started reading bible stories to Noah since we got some wonderful children’s bibles for Sam’s baptism. Of course, his favorite is the Noah story. This morning he retold the story in the first person, because he is Noah. “God told me to build an ark boat for my animals and my family, so I did! Then, God made the rain come down for 40 days and 40 nights. Then I went on the grass and it was all better because I listened to God.”
(11/21/10): Noah’s version of the Ghostbusters song “Something strange in the neighborhood? Who ya gonna call? Call Busters!”
(12/6/10): I said, “Noah, you are wonderful!” “No!” he replied. So, I said, “but you are awesome, aren’t you?” He said, “No, I handsome.”
(12/15/10): We were at my parents’ house admiring all their Christmas decorations. We talked about the stockings and how Great Grandma B had made them. We told Noah how much Grandma B would have enjoyed him. I mentioned that Grandma B had pretty, white hair. Without missing a beat Noah replied “Just like Bamma does!”
(12/17/10): We were up at the lakehouse for the extended family holiday get together. It was about 8pm and Noah was so wired as everyone arrived. Jeaneen pulled into the driveway and Noah kept asking “where is CJ, where is CJ?” Kate walks into the house and Noah asks, “where’s your buddy CJ?” CJ finally walks in and Noah asks, “where’s your girlfriend Mere-Mere?” You mean sister, Noah. Well they are from Indiana….

1 comment:

Ryane said...

Sweet I made the digital Christmas card!! Thanks for the funny Noah stories, he's hilarious. Merry Christmas to all of you!!