Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Samuel Dan, Holy Man.

We baptized Samuel Dan this weekend at my home church (First United Methodist in LaGrange). It was funny to me as I remembered Noah's baptism and how we posed for formal pictures and made sure to take lots. This time around we were lucky to snap a few while Noah was cooperative. Not as formal, but at least we have them!
The boys were both great during church. Sam was awake to be baptized and then promptly fell asleep in my arms making me sweat profusely during the service. Noah bounced around from Aba Aba (mike's mom) putting stickers on her face, to my parents whispering "HEY, THERE'S KIM & JOE!", to Mary Kate and Meg messing around with miniature flashlights. But we made it through.
My parents hosted a lovely, relaxed lunch where we had a giant sub sandwich and watched the bears game.
Uncle Josh came too! And was forced to do the obligatory Uncle without kids of his own now forced to hold 2 wild boys picture...
Mike's parents came to the church, Noah was so excited to have all his grandparents there!

My dear friend Jessica (aka Philie) served as Sam's godmother.
Sam's Godfather is our good friend Cliff. Unfortunately, he was in Puerto Rico for work this weekend. But we know he'll be teaching Sam lots of good lessons. And yes, I purposely picked out a picture of him wearing a beer shirt...
Lots o cousins came...

Mike was so worn out he promptly fell asleep during the bears game, probably just as well considering how poorly they played.


The day ended with Sam receiving my family's traditional signature quilt. Which, of course, I did not take a picture of. Sometime, I promise. But it was a wonderful day. Thanks to all who attended!

2 comments:

Stan and Jess said...

Perhaps its because I know what my entry looked like, but seriously - I've got crazy mommy eyes and beads of perspiration on my forehead!

KEO said...

Awwww! So fun to see the photos, Ab! Sorry we couldn't be there. Philie, you make a lovely godmom!!